Here are some of the commonly asked questions about our IDEAL Approach to rental property investment. If there is a question we did not cover, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
1. WHAT MAKES YOU DIFFERENT FROM YOUR COMPETITION?
Ideal Property Investments stands out in the industry by offering a higher quality of service from a small, owner-operated company. By hand-selecting the number of homes we manage, we ensure that our clients always receive the high-quality service they deserve, 24/7/365. We are also woman-owned and specialize in empowering women toward financial freedom through real estate investing.
2. To make my home rentable, what needs to be done?
As long as the home is clean, freshly painted and in good working order, you have an A-1 rental ready to fit any tenant’s needs.
3. DO YOU DETERMINE HOW MUCH MY PROPERTY WILL RENT FOR?
Yes. We know the rental market well and will list your property for a fair price based on current market trends.
4. HOW WILL YOU FIND TENANTS, AND HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
Internet-based advertising is the best way to attract potential tenants. Our industry connections also help us find quality candidates. We average 30- to 60-day occupancy from the time your rental is listed.
5. CAN I SAY WHO I WANT AS TENANTS FOR MY PROPERTY?
Absolutely! You, the property owner, are ultimately responsible for approving or denying any rental candidates we find for you. Once an application is received, we process a background and credit check to compile a comprehensive report for your review so you can make an informed decision.
6. WHEN DO I RECEIVE MY MONEY EACH MONTH?
We deposit funds into your account on the 5th of each month, or the next business day if the 5th is a weekend or holiday.
7. WHO DOES THE REPAIRS ON MY PROPERTY? CAN I USE MY OWN CONTRACTOR?
Ideal Property Investments uses Bright Choice Maintenance to subcontract maintenance providers specific to each job. You are not required to use Bright Choice Maintenance and can hire your own contractor. Just make sure they are insured, licensed and carry workers’ compensation coverage for your protection.
8. WHAT HAPPENS IF A TENANT DOES DAMAGE?
When we sign the least, we collect a security deposit to cover damages in excess of what is legally considered normal wear-and-tear.
9. WHAT HAPPENS IF THE TENANT LEAVES BEFORE THE END OF THE LEASE?
We guarantee any tenant we place in your property through the duration of the lease agreement.
10. WILL I BE CHARGED ANOTHER FINDER’S FEE AT THE END OF THE LEASE TERM?
Yes, but only if we need to find and place a new tenant in your property. If the tenant remains in the property and would like to renew their lease agreement, you will only be charged a Lease Renewal Fee of $295.
11. WHY DO YOU CHARGE $600 UP FRONT?
The $600 is for the time, travel and effort we put into renting your home, but most importantly, it’s a promise to conduct business together. Please know, this is NOT in addition to the Finder’s Fee. You’re simply paying a portion of the Finder’s Fee up front.
12. DO YOU INITIATE AN EVICTION, IF NECESSARY?
Yes, it’s included in our management service. It’s a rare occurrence, as we make sure to perform our due diligence with our screening process when placing a tenant in your property.
13. DO YOU PERFORM PROPERTY INSPECTIONS?
Yes, it’s part of our management service.
14. DO YOU CHARGE ANY OTHER FEES BESIDES FINDER’S AND MANAGEMENT?
Yes, a $295 Lease Renewal Fee (see #10) and a $300 Cancellation Fee if you elect to terminate our contract prior to its expiration date (which coincides with the tenant lease term).
15. WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT YOUR COMPANY?
Ideal Property Investments has been in the property management industry for nearly 20 years. Kelli Johanson, founder and owner, and the entire Ideal Property Investments staff is dedicated to offering quality service, specific to each homeowner’s needs.